Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 July 2011

"The Union forever defending our rights ..."


I was appalled by such self-congratulation, big yourself up then chastise union members for not attending divisional meetings. Excuse me, I think you'll find that as my representative that is what you are supposed to do on my behalf. Well salaried, you appear to be a bag of shite!



I agree we have to pick our battles; pay protection seems a realistic tactical loss to ensure an improved skill mix once the new hospital opens. To me it seemed that the decision had already been made, I long ago accepted that our pay protection would have to change to be in line with surrounding NHS trusts. But a large part of me wonders if we should call the Trusts bluff, reject alterations to pay protection, provoke a review of the Management of Change document and consequently delay EVERYTHING.

Are we willing to stand by whilst our experienced colleagues are expelled (hard working, skilled, knowledgeable) or do we want to be only concerned with ourselves. I am acutely aware that I am vulnerable, but then so is pretty much everyone. I don't even agree with the theory of smug band fives sitting in their role safe, I don't think anyone is truly safe. With exception of HR staff, Union representatives and senior managers (Matrons, Divisional managers and the like) who very cleverly brought up the subject of pay protection once they had all been assessed and provided with the maximum protection available.


Had to ask "What do we pay our fees for?" seemed all the fight was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment