Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Out


Took the brave step of leaving the house to pick up some provisions from the supermarket, collect some laundry that Sue had kindly ironed and borrow a dvd that Ray recommends (Zero Dark Thirty) .

Although I am officially on a day off today, I still feel guilty even going out. Consequently I left home early, quickly picking up a basket of groceries and briefly stopping at the coffee shop for a light breakfast 'cause I felt a bit wonky.

Today sits between two long-day shifts, I was off sick yesterday and despite feeling much better today it's likely I will be off tomorrow also.

The tension band that was initially felt round my cheeks has graduated up my face and is now wrapped around my eyes. By tomorrow it will have climbed up to a John McEnroe'esque headband and by Friday a topknot of tension, who knows how it'll exit come the week-end? I have visions of my head just popping like one enormous spot. I'm full to the brim with mucus, uncomfortable, irritated but most of all bored (... and guilty)

LoveFilm haven't been able to dispatch films fast enough. Typically in the one week when I have to time to watch actual delivery has been delayed.  

I've even indulged in an afternoon sleep everyday, not just out of boredom but also 'cause I've really needed it. It's rare for me to be ill (proper ill), but when I am it fatigues me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment