Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 April 2013

Three Down


Reached the midpoint, three down / three to go. It's been an uneventful few days, nothing to report or recall. Probably for the best. Today's a lost day, utterly wasted. 

Thirty-six hours between finishing this morning and returning to the ward tomorrow. Not enough time to get back into a normal daytime routine; too much to embrace the nocturnal one. I thought of staying in bed today (as my body so wanted), then trying to stay-up tonight. But what to do during the night? I can't exactly go out. Stoke-on-Trent is hardly New York City; less the city that doesn't sleep more the city that goes to bed before eleven with a warm cup of cocoa.

So I would just end up sat in front of the television, eventually my eyes would get heavy and I'd end up dosing off. Fail

Got up before midday. Drove to the supermarket. Picked up some necessary groceries. Returned home. Bit of meal prep and then zoned out in front of the TV. Where I remain waiting for Liz to come back from school.


No comments:

Post a Comment