Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 April 2013

Horrible Run

Start horrible run of nights this evening, obviously feel a bit depressed and oppressed at that prospect. I guess this is the price I have to pay for recent frivolity & jollity; we have to work to pay for the good times; the gigs, short breaks and the holidays.

Even so, knowing this doesn't make the thought of departing the house shortly any easier. It makes me feel a bit sad; especially knowing that I'll be out of circulation for a while. Realistically I don't expect to be back in the land of the living for a whole week.

I know Liz isn't happy, she feels lonely, very isolated and it has a significant disruption on both our lives. Matters aren't helped by her parents being away, who would usually provide some respite and escape when it all gets a bit too much. I wish I could find a bit of respite from it myself, but I have leant to accept that it's just the way it is at the moment. 

Although acceptance of something doesn't necessarily equate with actually being happy with something, and that's certainly the case with nocturnal working.

I shouldn't go on, I'm acutely aware that my dissatisfaction is becoming a recurrent theme of my blog, something that I vowed wouldn't happen but feels unavoidable. It is so all consuming, especially in 2013 it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment