Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 March 2013

"You're got (unwanted) mail ..."


As is tradition once the ward calms I access my hospital emails; all to often depressing and 
hugely demoralising from the get-go. Evidence ultimately that the modern NHS appears to freely give criticism, but rarely give praise. 

Each email opens details criticism & complaint, not one informs of successes or of good jobs done (clearly we've not) To my mind 50% of the information received doesn’t even need to be sent, we seem to operate a 'forward just in case' policy?!?

These plentiful mails could be reduced simply through regular ward meetings, a readily accessible information folder and that old fashioned (but highly functional) notice board. So much is sent that it is impossible to sort the (rare) wheat from the (plentiful) chaff, so it’s pretty much all (mentally) discarded.

Perhaps I would do things differently and perhaps I remain bitter, but I am confident that generally I would be more selective in regard to the information I shared and certainly more positive.

I was demoralised enough returning to the ward on nights again, it takes minimal discouragement to knock every ounce of optimism out of me nowadays. Bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment