Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Life doesn't get tougher than this ...


Apart from location it could easily be 2007; sitting in the lounge, alone, watching Masterchef , eating Salisbury's spinach & ricotta tortellini, trying to distract myself and occupy my time prior to departing for work for a night shift. Often a very bleak time.

So much has changed, yet at the same time very little. EJT is away on a school retreat in Stratford–upon-Avon until Friday, and it was deemed appropriate that I should get a run of nights done in her absence. If I have to do the off-duty then I might as well occasionally get it to work for me. But I'd forgotten just how isolated a week of nights can be when you live alone, a day passes without speaking to anyone before arriving back at work. No wonder I was often sad?
I always intended to write to Jon Torode & Greg Wallace and thank them for the distraction Masterchef provided at a dark & often difficult time. Now it's quite a big show (despite the current series being buried mid-afternoon Monday to Friday, with two prime time week-end highlight shows) and they have become celebrities in their own right, but then it was on BBC2 after Eggheads as a teatime show with small viewing figures. No one was particularly interested, but it always made me feel hopeful … … … although I'm not sure why?
But I shouldn't complain; I have a job, a house and love (and much much more besides)

No comments:

Post a Comment