Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 October 2011

I'm not deaf, I'm ignoring you.



Is the whole world mumbling or am I going a little deaf … or could it be that I'm just not listening? A combination of all three seems incredibly likely.

More and more often in conversations I suddenly become aware that I've drifted off, have simply tuned out and have stopped listening. It's like a valve, I appear to reach a point where eventually so much has been poured into my ears that I'm full and information is deflected at my lug-holes and runs down my neck like info ear wax (glorious imagery there).

I have blamed it on rapidly descending deafness, although I'm not exposed to unnecessary noise very frquently. I don't use earphones often, rarely undertake drilling or DIY, venture near road works and even loud concerts have become rare now; perhaps the constant wittering of women has worn down my inner ear parts?

Maybe it is closer to the truth to say I'm not interested or my interest has become more selective. It's not a conscious decision, my brain & body are doing it without any consultation with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment