Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Cash my coins



A fog of grump on entering the Britannia building society, lengthy waits and begrudging service. Why would the teller behind the counter be so bad-tempered that I chose to pay a few bags of coins into my own account? It's not like I was attempting to pay-in magic beans or cash gold ingots, just four hundred pieces of legal British tender.Twenty bags of fifty pence pieces all correctly counted & bagged.

Of course she still asked me when my mortgage and home & contents insurance was due for renewal and if I felt the money in my account was really working for me. Perhaps if they spent less time trying to sell their products and more time performing essential building society type tasks everyone (staff & customers alike) might be happier?

In the same way that the priority service of the Post Office should be allowing people to post things, WH Smiths shouldn't feel the need to sell you sweets and chocolates once you have reached the till and Supermarkets shouldn't offer stamps or mobile phone top up's when we as the customer are perfectly capable of asking for them if required.

A reoccuring rant I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment