Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 July 2011

Is that a weed?


Is that a weed?
Is that a vegetable (another necessary volume in the series)?

Rain stops play; rain stops essential garden maintenance. I desperately need to get out there before we go to America; the opportunities are getting less and less frequent. Not only do the lawns need addressing, but the borders & corners. Which always brings up the questions "Is that a plant or is it a weed? Should I pull it up or leave it?"

Surely there must be a book or perhaps an i-phone app, some sort of resource to help me with my plight*.

At the moment I use the "Does it look alright?" method (is it pretty?) But I guess if it's attractive and you like it, then there is no real reason to remove it.
It's what other people think though, it's embassing for people to view the boarders and comment on the glorious flowering beds "... you do realise that's a dandy lion don't you?"

* I've checked on Amazon, there isn't! Perhaps I should write one although I haven't the background knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment