Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 July 2011

I am bruised!


After anger comes fear, and after fear comes hurt and feelings of being let down. No doubt these will rapidly pass?

This week I have to ask questions about my pension, the change in role and consequently reduction in salary will obviously effect my pension and lump sum pay-out. The projection I received only a few months ago is now nul and void as a consequence of the management of change.

No doubt things could change and it's maybe unwise to secumb to worries about my pension at thirty-nine, but how about those in their fifties whom retirement is a looming prospect and any wage reduction (irrespective of pay protection) would have a hugely detrimental effect on their pension? Those who have worked for thirty years plus; have given their time, their commitment, their knowledge to providing and improving health care only to be demoted to mere drones as their career draws to a close. You can't move the goal posts so late in the game.

My projection suggested that I could retire at fifty-seven, by that logic I am already approaching half-way through my career. Much can change in eighteen years and time allows me to make extra preparations for my old age and provisions for EJT once I've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment