Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 July 2011

Chewbacca Legs


Woke up with terrible restless (aching) legs, the feeling that I just need to run. Now plainly whilst my legs were keen to sprint off, the remainder of my body (especially the cardio-pulmonary system) was most reluctant. Each part had to contend themselves with a brief walk round the garden and even then my slippers got damp. It's not socially responsible to wander to the news-agents in solely your underpants.
It's better than last Friday when I woke full of bile and hate, a consequence of getting up at lunchtime following a night shift, every part of my body was bad tempered- head banging, legs aching, skin creeping, stomach griping, nose & eyes itching ... even my soul felt rotten. Everything either made me either rage or despair, I was ashamed to even be part of the community.

It probably wasn't wise to go into Newcastle where the R.C.G's (Reuben’s coffee gossips) remain; always present whenever I visit, steadfastly & thoroughly awful in their attitudes, opinions and whole damn demeanour. They hardly make for a conducive & restful environment at the best of times, but the coffee and the vibe (when they're not there) in Reuben’s is the best in Newcastle by far. Invariably even if they're not there when I arrive they often descend once I've ordered and am sitting down so I can't escape and usually select a table near me. Would it be better (cathartic) if I just told them how I felt and got it out of my system?

I need a break. I know I need a holiday when I suddenly get overcome with tiredness & anger, get easily confused and find it takes me longer to process information.

I few embarrassed moments standing at the supermarket checkout unable to recall my pin number (the pin number that I have had unchanged for over twenty-one years), thankfully I scraped together enough cash & coins together to cover the bill (just). Then on returning home I typed my visa card number into the burglar alarm and wondered why it wasn't recognised, the box continued to flash and a the loud siren started to wail.

I just need to STOP, REST & RECUPERATE. Fourteen days and counting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment