Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Running on empty


I left my parking headlights on throughout the day (from 7.45am until 4.40pm) by the time I discovered it the battery was almost flat. I managed to coax the final drop of life out of it to get it started again and left it running to charge the battery up again … … … then forgot promptly all about it. Prepared tea, had a shower & shave and pottered about the house- never thinking there was a running vehicle abandoned on the drive. It was only on waving EJT off to Slimming World that recollection suddenly dawned. The low petrol indicator light was on, so it appears I only exchanged the lack of one fuel (electricity) for another (petrol).
An excuse (if needed) I was tired.
That would be a doozy to report to the police if it had been stolen.
"Yes officer I left my car running on the drive, doors open, keys in the ignition and forgot about it completely"
I don’t think my insurers would pay out if it had been taken; I’d of felt such a dummy having to recall the story to all and sundry as matter of explanation for months to come. Good job we live in a fairly well to do area I suppose?

No comments:

Post a Comment