Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Epic fail

Epic fail on my endeavour to return home before the road work began again. I got JK'ed and by the time I had escaped and negotiated the rush-hour commuter traffic they had started with gusto. They were out there in force, jack hammer going full pelt, vans & cars parked randomly outside the house. I had to ask them to move a JCB to even get my car on the drive. It's a bit much at eight o'clock in the morning.
... And the dust & muck they generate. My car looks like it's been parked in the Sahara not on a little housing development in the West Midlands. I can't even bear to mention the windows, guttering and fascias. The whole front needs pressure washing to clear the grime; surely we should be approaching an end to all of this.
Of course it wouldn't have been an issue if I'd got away earlier, or at least it wouldn’t have been as much of an issue. Someone should explain to JK that it is deeply wrong to witter and moan at staff when they have just completed their first night. At the end of any shift you just want to get away, but never more than after that first night when you are feeling so fatigued & exhausted.
Even as she was talking I could feel myself drifting off, eyes glazing over and mind wandering. I'm sure she must have thought I was having a seizure (or out of body experience).
Think I picked up the salient points- Do this. Don't do this. Alter that. So & so is leaving. So & so is coming. But I can’t be sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment