Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 June 2011

Pant Amnesty


Prior to going away I have been reviewing my wardrobe (large full length wooden thing in bed room), trying stuff on, seeing what fits and what needs to be purchased. Once again my underwear seems significantly depleted; obviously I need to arrange a by-annual pants amnesty.

On occasion my M.I.L. gathers up all our dirty washing to sort for us, she also does this for my Sister-in-laws family and it is obviously wasteful to separate each individual families washing; so she just puts in through in appropriate colours and fabrics and sorts it out following.

Obviously the ownership of most clothes is fairly self-explanatory, but occasionally it can be a bit of a guessing game and we do get a bit of a mix up particularly with socks & underpants. I've taken to only purchasing very distinctive socks to reduce the problem and too help identify the culprits if not returned. At Christmas I was sitting at the dinner table and happened to glance down as my S.I.L.'s feet ...

"Oi! You're wearing my socks!"

"Oh, I thought they were Rob's?!?"

EJT blames the lack of consistency in my under garments- from minuscule hipsters that hold everything in to parasuit sized trunks that let everything swing loose. I've recently brought eight new pairs from M&S; I'm going to scribble my name on the label straightaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment