Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 June 2011

Fish nibbling


One of those fish nibbling places has opened locally, where you place your feet in a tank of Doctor Fish (Garra rufa and Cyprinion Macrostomus) and they chomp on all the dead skin. A piscine pedicure right here in the Potteries. The practice is banned in several American states and Canadian provinces as cosmetology regulators believe the practice is unsanitary. No shit!  In truth the same effect can be achieved by sticking your dabs in one of the myriad of polluted puddles found in the Potteries, although this is significantly less tickly it is probably more unsanitary.

I had tropical fish for a number of years and I must admit I never felt tempted to pop my feet in the tank to sort out my dead skin; what is wrong with using an appropriate file or a pumice stone?

I do need to address my feet’s hard skin, although I am more concerned that my toe nails appear to be getting thicker with each day. It's a family trait, my Father and both my maternal and paternal Grandfather’s had truly awful toe nails and I seem to have inherited it though a mixture of misadventure and simple bad luck. Something significantly more aggressive than tiddlers would be required to deal with my rhino toe nail (left B I G toe), a Great White Shark perhaps although a Sword Fish would probably be more appropriate?

No comments:

Post a Comment