Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 June 2011

Off (duty) and Out

Well the next off-duty is out, free for everyone to have a wine and moan about. I think if anyone becomes too critical I'll issue a JK style ultimation "Well you do it then!"
Or I could point out the four major positives ...
1. For the third month in  a row everyone has got their requests.
2. The shift patterns are fair & equal*, with a general reduction in the amount of nights and week-ends being worked by everyone.
3. We currently have a greater pool of staff which has led to an improvement in turn around between early, late and nights shifts.
4. We have seven weeks of off-duty out, that's almost two months.
Are these adequate compensation to not being able to attend jujitsu every Wednesday?
No doubt it won't be up to scratch for JK, but overall the skill mix is adequate and the shifts are covered. When challenged I don't think I'd be bold enough to say ...
"I've done a better job than you though haven't I?"
*Of course not everyone has got all good shifts, I am so conscious of allegations of favouritism that I have deliberately given myself many of the difficult or unpleasant shifts, all to avoid accusations and be transparent. When there are problems there is a tendency to become a little bit like the Little Red Hen (“Fine, I'll do it myself!”) because it’s so much easier than entering battles I probably won’t win; although I realize that this is not maintainable long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment