Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Moan - moan - moan

Within a few hours of the off-duty being published I had already received messages of people’s dissatisfaction and difficulties. Whilst some are legitimate; like the member of staff I put on a run of nights finishing on a Monday morning and then had returning on an long-day on the Tuesday (not very nice I'll admit, but swiftly altered). But the moaning, snide comments, chuntering between work mates, whispered complains and little notes pinned to the nurses station rapidly get me down.

Here is an example …
R*e,
I am sorry to be a pain but I cannot do a late on Saturday the 16th and really
struggle to do the early of the long-day on Sunday the 17th.
Sorry

I know child care can be very difficult but those with children seem to hold those without ransom to their needs and requests. I like to think that I am increadably flexible, but even I have reached the point of maximum flex and I’m losing patience with the whole sorry mess. Returning tonight more people are querying their shifts, and I'm sorry to say I gave the people who raised “issue” fairly short shift and suggested they approached their colleagues directly to resolve or swap rather than expecting me to do all the hard work. Must admit my shifts aren't exactly marvellous and I can’t pick up anymore to get people out of the mire without putting myself in it. I realise I have to develop a thicker skin, to go along with my thick flesh, thick blood and thick head. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment