Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 May 2011

You've changed (audience) ...




Frank Turner, Stoke Sugarmill, not as marvellous as hoped.

Started off badly when my "date" pulled out at the last minute 'cause of sickness and I was stuck with a spare ticket. Unable to palm it off to a tout or find anyone one outside the venue who wanted one I just had to absorb the loss. No doubt with a bit more notice I'd of been able to pass it on a dozen times over, but not tonight. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for a gig alone and was overly sensitive to the faults of the crowd (who had many faults)

Once Frank shows were full of hirsute husky men, moved by words and with significant history; now replaced by annoying screeching girls and students. All so young.

... and the talking. Babbling through the supports, heckling the head-liner, annoying everyone in the venue. But that's not true, one half of the crowd were guilty fuelled by too much booze and an inflated sense of their own importance. The remaining half were (almost) as annoyed as me. It's rare to have a decent gig close to home now, somehow it angered me more that this was happening in Stoke than if it had been in Sheffield for example. Which makes no sense, I'd assume that increased effort would equaly increased annoyance, but not so tonight at least.

Overall just so f*cking annoying and a disappointment.

The set was largely poor, controversul for  the sake of it and I even don't particularly like the newer songs eithe. rPerhaps the first time I've ever thought "You know what I think I might actually be too old to like this band"

No comments:

Post a Comment