Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 May 2011

Voucher rage


I’m becoming increasingly frustrated by the little paper vouchers given out week-in / week-out by WH Smiths. As the majority of British Post Offices are now found within a branch and the hospital shop is also part of the Smiths group (also with the death of the local newsagent) I seem to amass many of these scraps of paper during a normal week. I think Smiths assume that most are binned, left behind or discarded.
Last week I was presented with a £5 Book voucher- seems good.
Valid from Monday 9th May until Sunday 22nd May 2011, so although the voucher has to be retained for a week it's not a problem. Valid on any book over £10- and there’s the rub. Valid on any book, that’s not books and perusing the shelves WH Smiths very cleverly price the majority of their books at £9.99; in fact in the hardback best sellers list only four are priced above £10 (all cook books).
So why bother?
Also Ocado don’t (won’t) deliver in our area, so I won’t have much use for the £15 off your first order voucher either … or the buy one get one free at Camelot theme parks … or the McDonalds discount vouchers. 
And whilst we're at it if I had wanted to purchase a large bar of chocolate I would have selected one prior to reaching the till ... and no I don't need an stamps or mobile phone top-up's!

No comments:

Post a Comment