Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 May 2011

Fluff in the garden

At first I thought it was manna, but on closer inspection it turned out to be fluff. It covers lawns, fibre debris entwined in every tree like blossom, weaved through bushes & plants, wedged in the eves, lintels & corners of windows. It’s everywhere!
Once discovering it wasn’t god given nutrition it occurred to me that it might be asbestos, covering my mouth in case the carsegens were inhaled and waiting for the inevitable scratching & itching to begin as I investigated. But it’s just wool, very annoying and plentiful wool; remnants from where someone has had new carpets fitted.
This happened previously last year, for some reason when fitting out a new build they choose to do all the carpet cutting outside. I had to buy a garden-vac to hoover it up, which I should do again, but being at work I am fearful that I am going to return to stinking wet wool lawn. Mmmmmmmm lovely!
I could gather it together and weave it to create a house-cozy, although it seems to be doing an adequate job without any necessary weaving.  A very low-rent fake snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment