Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 May 2011

Alone again (again) naturally ...

Why when there's sickness does it always seem to be the nurse that I'm meant to be on with? A man could gain quite a complex thinking about such issues; perhaps "she" just doesn't like me or (trying) to be positive perhaps she thinks I'm most likely to cope?

Either way I'm by myself for the week-end, trying to coerce a colleague to come in and do an extra shift or gain help from one of the other children's wards. Both a bit of a battle; who ever comes in understandably doesn't want to be there, so can't always be relied upon to work particularly hard.

Maybe she wants to watch the match; surely she must know all the children, families and staff will want to watch it also and it will be on. Not wishing to tempt fate, but I can't see it being a particularly busy afternoon, the majority of Staffordshire will be glued to the television and it seems that a half the city has taken a trip to Wembley. Perhaps we will see an influx after the game, injuries sustained celebrating or trying to imitate their heroes.

I'll report back ...

No comments:

Post a Comment