Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 April 2011

"It makes no census at all"


A young lady came to the door this afternoon chasing up completion of our census form. For some apparent reason we received two forms (probably associated with us being a fairly newly built property?), I informed the census people who instructed me to complete one and dispose of the other. Informing them obviously hasn't stopped us appearing on the NOT RETURNED AND REQUIRING A VISIT PILE. Thankfully because I have become increasingly wary of government agencies I ignored the census departments advice and retained both the additional details contained in the original package and the intact & sealed duplicate for just such an occurence, The production of such at least confirms I'm telling the truth.

I enjoy form filling so would gladly have completed a second, but that seems to defeat the point somehow. If anything I wished there had been more questions and it had been more intrusive (where were the questions about shoe size, political views and sexual activity?)

I await the arrival of a £1000 fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment