Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Soulless

Is there anywhere more soulless than a Weatherspoons?

Bleak experience sitting amongst the alcohol dependant, the lonely, the unwashed, the drunk the old ... often all five. But it served a purpose, whiling away a few hours before returning home. I had to leave the house before nine to avoid awkward conversation with Pat, knowing that I need to be out of the house for around three and a half hours. Earlier appointment at bank was at the ten o'clock, realistically you can't be sure how long it'll take, but it was brief as previously mentioned. 

Walked into Stone to avoid having to leave the car, all the free car parks are limited to two hours and it seemed daft the park on the pay and display when the town is only a mile from home. 

Costa pre-bank AND Costa post-bank, avail myself of their free wi-fi, but there's only a certain amount of coffee I can ingest, so I move onto the anonymity of Weatherspoons and nursed a diet Pepsi until I can safely return home.

I wouldn't usually frequent a 'Spoons, that's not out of any overt snobbery*, I just think there are better. But it's cheap, open, again has free wi-fi and you can sit undisturbed, which you can't do in independents where space is money 

* Perhaps it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment