Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Under staffed oversubscribed



Although they told me the skill mix was poor (hence coming of today’s day shift), that wasn’t quite the truth. The skill mix was fine, just the actual staffing on the ward was poor. Rather typically. It often feels that every shift I work seems to be either horrible or just short staffed, frequently both. I should expect no better, it's just power to the cause now. 

I could feel that earlier optimism that I'd deeply ingested before leaving the house drain as I was confronted by a busy ward, with demanding parents and those reduced staffing numbers. 

Never knowing what I'm going to be greeted by, on arriving at the wards male staff changing room I have taken to sitting on the toilet, trousers down by my ankles, taking deep breaths in and out for a few minutes. Trying to encourage a sense of peace to descend and welcome a spirit of calm to my working environment.

In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment