Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Transfer ...


Patient transfer to Liverpool this morning, a blessing as it allows me to escape the ward for a few hours. I stepped up for this job with zero hesitation. The child is well, accompanied by both parents, so potentially it's an easy job.

I'm still struggling to recover from my previous few weeks shifts, yesterday's lone day-off sadly provided minimal respite or rest. Friday can't come soon enough, I just need to survive this afternoon & tomorrow and I'll be good. All good.

I have my appraisal tomorrow supposedly, I struggled to motivate myself yesterday to even complete the necessary paperwork. So I've taken it on the transfer to read and complete on the return (patient free) journey. All the paperwork seems to have altered, the majority needing to be completed in the actual meeting rather than before. I just need to give it some consideration, tidy it up and ink in my previous pencil scribblings; this way it presents the appearance that I've at least given it all some thought. 

I don't really have any specific goals or achievements, beyond doing a good job and leaving work at work. I strive to be valued and appreciated, but I don't think that should be my number one motivation. I'd like to gain a further sense of ownership, perhaps in something that actually interests me; not Health & Safety, Infection Control or Asthma (roles passed to me 'cause nobody else wants 'em) I try to think "What is my heart drawn to?" but career-wise my heart is deadened.

No comments:

Post a Comment