Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 April 2013

Optimism is rapidly draining

Had an absolutely superb week-end; so am I hitting the week ahead with a new sense of optimism and buoyancy? Mmmmmmm ... ... ... not exactly.

I really am trying to be more sanguine, a positive mind set can only help surely?

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence".
Helen Keller

Although on nights again; it's not the most brutal of runs. Tonight is a favour (coming off a day shift on Tuesday 'cause of a grotty skill mix) and then Friday, Saturday & Sunday. It's the next week I'm not so sure about, I finish this run on Monday morning and then back in on a second run which begins on Tuesday night. Not even the chance to get back into a daytime regime, foolish to try to do so in fact. We'll see how optimistic I am next Tuesday?

I had hoped that my planned appraisal last week would provide me with the opportunity  to raise the issues of my heavy night shift bias, but as previously mentioned an appraisal failed to materialise. With this heavy run of nights I can't see it being rescheduled for a good few weeks. My next day shift that's not at a week-end is seventeen days away and I have no days shifts currently rostered beyond then.

That optimism is rapidly draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment