Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 November 2011

Black Friday

An American tradition of a lone one day sale traditionally on the last Friday of November, around Thanksgiving, which seems to have migrated gradually over here.

My interest was pricked initially by it also being a sister event to Record Store Day (although more low-key, perhaps closer to a cousin event?) that has taken place in April over the last three or four years, where a few exclusive releases are available in independent record shops. From viewing the list of proposed releases there isn't much that appeals, but it's still probably worth popping into Music Mania to see just in case. There may also be a few interesting releases floating about at Piccadilly Records in Manchester when we pop up on Saturday?

Traditionally in the States Black Friday brings big reductions in white goods and electrical items especially, so worth having a look to see if I can find a better price for EJT's Christmas present (a piano). Although I think few places will be able to match the behemoth Amazon (£849)

My plan was always to buy it later today, as I've been paid and the majority of Christmas gifts have already been purchased, transferring the money from my saving account to cover this unusual expense. Now that potentially could be a beast to wrap, I don't think there's an option for it to be gift wrapped by Amazon. I hope it will come in a rectangular box which I'll be able to hide covertly in the garage and wrap myself fairly easily. If not it could potentially be a repeat of the episode of wrapping a bike for my Dad, Christmas 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment