Powered By Blogger

Monday 17 October 2011

A Vague Sense of Unease


I'm feeling a slight sense of unease today, perhaps increasingly aware of what potentially lies ahead of me? In doing the off-duty I need to be aware of my responsibilities, only my responsibilities haven't been very well defined up to this point.

I have a meeting with the Matron to firm up some of these details, but sadly that meeting isn't until Friday and it's (late)Monday now. Now my CV is done it will allow me some time to gather my thoughts and construct a crib sheet.

I'll put out the Christmas / New Year request sheet, that may appease the troops for a little while if I have to hold the next off-duty until the week-end.

Arriving on the ward this evening there was a palpable air of anxiety, perhaps I have to accept that I may no longer be one of the team. Tomorrow they are having a little tea-party for one of the girls who turns sixty, but they neglected to invite me … not that I'd attend, but that's not the point! They have also spent the collection with gathered on a gift, despite there being previous discussion that I would order a bouquet of flowers. So that's me £25 out of pocket, won't be sharing that piece of information with EJT. I feel a little hurt, I fear this is an emotion that I should get use to. No longer one of the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment