Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 October 2011

Foolish place to wait


I have to question the wisdom of parking myself up at the Trentham Hotel (a Toby Carvery attatched to a Travel Lodge) whilst EJT supervised a year seven school disco this evening.

The Trentham Hotel is situated within a mile of the Britannia ground, so obviously not the best place to gather on the night of a European cup match at home. Packed to the rafters, they clearly didn't expect so many fans to desend, crazy since it is probably the closest pub to the ground (omiting the Gardeners Retreat a Harvester, which I think actually closes on all home games). Two bar staff in such a huge establishment, real error made. Not sure how chuffed I'd be if I was staying here on business (or even pleasure / leisure) and couldn't get a beer or a bite to eat Come back at eight duck, they'll be gone by then".

Once I had battled to the front of the bar, I desended down the line from three hand pumped via Tetleys until eventually arriving at the old favourite of John Smiths, not that it mattered- ALL OFF! The pressure was on, so somehow I ended up with a bottle of Bulmers Pear Cider which I really didn't want. I'm hopeless with choice, especially when cornered and it was that or Fosters. There was probably more, but that was all I could see squashed-up. I'd deliberately positioned my self by the bitter pumps, but also found myself positioned with the bitter punters pissed off with the lengthy wait and amount of beers off. 

On a positive note I won £10 on the Deal or No Deal quiz machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment