Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 September 2011

There's Paracetamol in Pineapple


Today I felt unnecessarily irritable and tired; combine this with a head-ache arriving and a sense of righteous indignation. In a grumpy mood I was ripe for a dust-up, so the lady in Tesco denying my purchase of pain-relief was always going to get it.

“You're only allowed three items containing paracetamol, I can't sell you this!”

As far as I could see up to this point I had only purchased fruit & vegetables and knew I only had ONE packet of paracetamol in my trolley. Despite my protests she still insisted that she shoudn't, couldn't and wouldn't sell it me, which brought the supervisor over alerted by the lengthy queue swiftly developing behind me.

At my suggestion she eventually checked my receipt & purchases to that point and saw that right enough whilst I had indeed only one lone box of Paracetamol in my trolley the checkout operator had swiped it through thrice.

Once again no apology offered, just …“Well you can't be too careful can you?” as a statement of justification. “You can't can you … must remember to check my receipt!”

Although if I was going to do myself in I certainly wouldn't chose an overdose of Paracetamol and I certainly don't think I'd be buying £50 of fresh fruit & veg, I may have depressive tendencies but I'm not wasteful!

No comments:

Post a Comment