Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 September 2011

One Direction / No Direction


I've suffered a lot of derision & ridicule for my appreciation of One Direction's début single. Drip-feed exposure on the hour every hour courtesy of Signal 1 (the only radio station that can be received on the ward) has made me grumpily concede it's a slice of brilliantly marketed perfect pop (in my opinion)

Just hold me and tell me I'm alright …I'm manstruating.

I can, more than anyone perhaps, be a bit stuffie about music. Becoming the arbiter of taste between what is good and what is bad; I like to think it's 'cause I'm passionate and it matters. Now perhaps it doesn't matter in the great scheme of things, but music matters to me. Passion matters to me.

I occasionally worry that working within the NHS has thumped every ounce of enthusiasm out of me, but it's not enthusiasm for life & home, it's enthusiasm for the confines of life within the hospital. Evidence from the last six years suggest that the more content I am at home, the less content I am at work, and vice-versa.

I've struggled to motivate myself to complete my Management of Change documents today, despite sitting down this morning full of good intentions (enthusiasm would be too much), the documents are so contradictory and full of omissions.

When it says "Up to four specific roles reliant to the particular clinical areas to be identified here" it would be helpful if they listed them there. Surely they should have identified them before issuing job descriptions and requesting applications? As if the whole Management of Change and applying for your own job wasn't stressful enough they see fit to play hide 'n' seek with essential information. How can you pick a job from one of three, when vital information is missing (presumed forgotten about). I assumed it would appear as an appendix, but nothings there.

I would go from the previous job description, but it appears they have amalgamated the job I wanted (Senior Staff Nurse for Clinical Standards) with the job I really don't (Senior Staff Nurse for Education & Development) creating the post Senior Staff Nurse for Quality

I now have a choice of three; Deputy Ward Manager, Senior Staff Nurse for Quality and Senior Clinical Staff Nurse.

I believe there are people more suited to both the deputy and quality posts than myself, the Clinical Standards job could have been written for me, but now it's gone *poof* So it's Senior Clinical Staff Nurse or nowt (more likely nowt) I'm amazed how they keep moving the goalposts.

No comments:

Post a Comment