Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 July 2011

Two years ago I got married (re-married). I can honestly say that the last (approaching) four years have been the best; I really fell on my feet when I met EJT. Time has flown, but it also feels like forever (in a good way) A time before seems a dim & distant memory; another lifetime ago, another life, another person.

It was like I was re-born, which I appreciate is rather dramatic, but it's true.

When people ask how I spent my wedding anniversary I can saucily reply "In bed ... and even then I wasn't truly satisfied!"

The delights of shift work, I spent the day in bed recovering from one night and preparing for another and EJT is at school. Even in the late afternoon & early evening when we were together it was tinged with sadness knowing that I would have to depart shortly for work. Not the greatest piece of planning known, but this week hasn't been the easiest to cover.

EJT is on comedown prior to breaking up on Friday and I'm doing the most mixed up week of shifts for a longtime.

It shouldn't matter 'cause it's only our second anniversary, but it's still not nice. It's well documented that neither of us likes me being on nights; EJT doesn't settle at home or sleep well and I don't like the whole disruption to normal service and my body clock.

It's nice to spend any potential celebration or event together.

No comments:

Post a Comment