Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 July 2011

Management of Change


The management of change document was issued to the majority of nursing staff today (approx. 3000). In short a rather bland and unexciting document, low on information & fact and high in confusion. Thankfully I felt relatively peaceful following receipt. The ward was manageable so I broke my lone commandment and had a cursory read; I didn't paw over it (nothing would be gained), leaving that to my colleagues. I didn't want to be distracted whilst at work, whatever it may have said our priority should always be to provide safe & effective care.

The news is not good, many expected redundancies at my grade and above. We have entered the ninety day consultation period which allows all staff to discuss the document with their union, formalise a plan and decide what post they wish to apply for (if any?). I feel I have to apply for a senior post even though I am fairly sure this is something I do not want, but I am aware that it is as much a case being seen to do things as actually achieving them. If I wish my pay to be protected I have to apply for a post. Enough to say that I am letting the dust settle and seeing how I feel after returning from the States;. I have until early October to submit the expression of interest document and the like.

There is a meeting tomorrow with Representatives from all Unions to discuss our response, which will also allow people to ask any questions to HR management staff. Not high on my list of potential ways to spend my day off I'll admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment