Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 July 2011

Management of change

The management of change papers will be issued in the hospital today, I am in this afternoon on a late shift and will collect mine then.

As part of Fit for the Future the whole of the nursing team is being reviewed, and quite aggressively it appears. Details are still sketchy, but rumours are rife (as of course they would be). The deputy ward managers, senier nurses and all band sixes are being reduced, the figure is from around sixty down to four. But every member of staff has to express an interest in where they wish to work in the new hospital and consequently irresectice of current grade reapply for their job, be that the one they are doing or a lesser one. I don't really fancy one of the the senior staff jobs, but know I have to apply for one in order to have my pay protected. After fourteen years in practice it is only right that my wage reamins appropriate.

I had a few meetings all last week in preparation despite the document only being issued today, and am at a meeting with the Unions tomorrow to discuss issues surrounding the document and the protection of pay.

I've suggested to the girls that are on shift today that on receit they just take the envelpope and put it in their locker until they get home and can injest it properly. The temptation to rip it open will be great, but if you're on shift your priority has got to be to provide care and in reading anything I feel we'd be destracted.

I'm trying to be positive, both for my colleagues and for myself, but yeah it's a worrying time ...

I know I've been disracted this last fortnight and haven't been around much, everything seems very focused on this. We now enter a 90 day period of consultation (on both sides) so I think I will be clearer.

But Posh (Victoria Beckham) is due a cescerian today, so all is okay with the world really.

No comments:

Post a Comment