Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Cramp



The 18th may have marked our second wedding anniversary, but the 19th marks the worst cramp I ever suffered.

Is it bad that it is equally memorable, I can't think of one (the wedding) without the other (the cramp), it was that bad.

Got married \ Worst cramp ever

Worst cramp ever \ Oooh I'd just got married.

I remember the desperate hunt to try to find anything ice cold to reduce this mighty muscle seizure. Slamming my sole down onto the toilet base, trying to mould my foot around the raised bolts that held it to the floor. To no avail.

The pain continued for much of the night, just when I thought it had abated POW back it returned with fiery vengeance. Hopping & screaming like all my muscles, tendons & ligaments had been tightened and were being pulled like a busted marionette.

I guess cramp is pretty far down the line in terms of the worlds ill's, especially in comparison to genocide, famine and abuse, but it's still high up there.

Any spasm or sudden pain (indegestion, migraine, cramp) makes you believe that your body is failing; crumbling from the inside and is an actual pre-cursor to death. A painful & dramatic sudden passing, clutching your chest, head or limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment