Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 June 2011

Unsociable networking

I have a number of friends who periodically remove and then return themselves to the book of face. I can’t say I understand it fully; perhaps it's too easy to simply say "If it's taking over your life then take a step back" All seem to say the same thing, that just knowing it’s there makes it incredibly difficult to step away from and they become too deeply immersed at the cost of almost all else.

I guess it only becomes a problem when we start to live more in our fantasy than in the real world. But if FB is causing you issues it is entirely correct that you bin it.

I am aware that for many it has become the primary form of communication and that distancing yourself may mean you are out of contact. It is import to get support, laughs, friendship, etc, where ever you can get it I say.

… And another thing I don’t see anything wrong with chasing rainbows; it’s important to have dreams, desires and pursue aspirations. Without them we become very bland creatures do we not?

Sayings all that the same people follow us on Twitter, read our blogs and are our friends on Facebook. People can use them in different ways; blog like a diary and share innermost thoughts, Facebook to catch-up and keep in touch in a very frothy way and Twitter to obtain swift information.

For me they all tend to blur, although at present no one reads my blog, similar details appear across the three mediums. Pity friends who I see often speak to or email who get it all adnausium.

Some share too readily in these very public arenas, especially in regard to Twitter & Facebook I feel you should only publish what you would happily shout in a crowded shopping centre. In a blog you can be more candid, but even then the weak link is your readership (friends) who can share freely and there maybe consequences to that.

On occasion people’s postings can elicit a sudden & sharp intake of breath- negative comments about partners, spouses, work mates and details of week-end (?) activities. People need to be cautious.

I posted that I had taken a Melatonin tablet, which could easily have been misconstrued when it was simply a sleep aid. Better to be an insomniac than a pill popper (recreational or medicinal).

No comments:

Post a Comment