Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Glorious glorious study day



Infection Control Link Nurse Study Day. It's a long-long day, eight hours of mega-boredom and not particularly beneficial to practice or educational. A particular highlight (lowlight) was "The history of gloves and their use" (I kid you not!) Even during the potentially most interesting session "Changes to infection screening policy" (something almost completely irrelevant to paediatrics) I felt myself drifting off, so rude but I couldn't really help it. A symptom of almost every training event within the NHS that I have ever attended.

Despite it's poorness it was incredibly well attended, probably 'cause every infection control link nurse in the trust has to attend a yearly update and they only have three or four sessions a year. Another thing that bothered me was ...


Staff saving seats for friends, what's that all about? We're nurses not at nursery school.
Feeling this way may explain why I was the lone man in an enclave of Filipino nurses. Even they commented that I was amongst roses, so clearly I am a thorn (not that they said as much ... out loud)
Being the only man you really stick out; I couldn't have been more obvious if I had a B
elisha beacon strapped to my head. Not a previously unknown sensation for me, this is true.

Each day I appear to become more & more detached from the whole nursing thing, clearly I need a fresh challenge which hopefully will be provided by FFtF and the opening of the new hospital. I do wonder if it's time to consider a career change, but what??? I'm a lazy man (becoming more lazy with each day) and have yet to locate the kind of job that both pays well and allows me to sit around in my pants all day.


The search continues ...

No comments:

Post a Comment