Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 June 2011

The Birthday Boy

Today I was asked "Are you doing anything for my birthday?"

The occasion was going to go unmarked, but EJT has now booked us in for a hotel in Birmingham for the week-end. As mentioned previously I am always giddy with euphoria at the prospect of going away overnight, even somewhere close to home.

I think it is also being used as an opportunity to purchase items for our trip to the States in August. Consequently she has told everyone I wanted vouchers, when in fact I didn’t really want anything. I’d quite like a new sleek turntable, but was told that this was a significant birthday gift (like next years) not a run of the mill ordinary birthday gift.

I have always been of the belief that every birthday is seminal and should be marked thus. I have held this belief since my eight birthdays when disappointed by the vaguely European nature of the bat & ball game I received from my parents I went and brought a Rum & Raisin Cornetto.

This wasn’t as celebratory as I had wished when I discovered that whilst both rum and raisin are fine individually combined they become the work of the devil. I was tremendously sick and haven’t touched anything Rum and/or Raisin since. On a positive note at least it made the day memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment