Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Off-duty

By some unfortunate twist of circumstance I now find myself completing the ward off-duty.
I’m hopeless at such things; I don’t really have the analytical mind that can balance shifts and process rotas. It’s going to cause me sleepless nights and much aggro, of that I’m sure, but I’ll give it a go. My hope is to publish it a little earlier in the month, giving staff a bit more notice,  but if my shifts are poor in future then the only person I can blame is myself.
I’m probably too sensitive to do it successfully or long-term, yet I think it’s important to try if only to lift some weight of JK and involve myself in more management duties. Doesn’t stop it being rubbish though.
Requests will remain open until Sunday and I hope to pull it together whilst I’m on nights next week, having it completed before I go off on holiday to Cornwall. Just thinking about it makes me anxious, sweaty and my bowel starts to loosen slightly! So much so I have had to hide the scribbled rough  duty in a draw to avoid the desire to work on it at all hours. Knowing my luck I’d complete it fully only to return to work to find someone has altered their requests “I can’t do Tuesdays!”

No comments:

Post a Comment